Hardly any other technological innovation has been as rapidly and widely adopted in practice as automated steering systems. While it would be difficult to find any large tractors that are not at least set up for this type of technology, especially among the leading brands, sustained strong demand has ensured that steering systems are becoming more and more established as “must-haves” even in the lower performance categories.
These systems not only allow field work to be done in greater comfort, but often also deliver significant benefits in terms of efficiency, precision and overall environmental friendliness, and they additionally permit field cultivation tasks to be done in the evenings and at night with (almost) the same ease as in the day. As automated steering systems take considerable loads off drivers, drivers are better able to focus on performing and optimising the actual work processes. Even smaller farms and farms in traditional grassland regions have come to appreciate the benefits this technology brings.
Some manufacturers also offer data management systems for controlling, monitoring and documenting workflows on the field. These systems support farmers not only on the field, but also in the administrative aspects of their work. This year’s DLG Field Days include, for the first time, demonstration blocks for this technology, during which participating exhibitors will provide unique insights and overviews of the current product range.
The following companies will demonstrate technology for in-cabin steering and data management systems:
- AGCO Deutschland GmbH - Challenger, Marktoberdorf, Germany
- AGCO Deutschland GmbH - Fendt, Marktoberdorf, Germany
- AGCO Deutschland GmbH - Massey Ferguson, Marktoberdorf, Germany
- AGCO Deutschland GmbH - Valtra, Marktoberdorf, Germany
- Claas Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH, Harsewinkel, Germany
- geo-konzept GmbH, Adelschlag, Germany
- John Deere Vertrieb, Bruchsal, Germany
- Müller Elektronik GmbH & Co. KG, Salzkotten, Germany
- CNH/New Holland Deutschland GmbH, Heilbronn, Germany
- CNH/Steyr, Heilbronn, Germany
- Case IH, Heilbronn, Germany
- Reichhardt GmbH Steuerungstechnik, Hungen, Germany
- SAME DEUTZ-FAHR DEUTSCHLAND GmbH, Lauingen, Germany
- Topcon, Tres Cantos, Spain